Natural Hair #NaturalStarExpo Experience

Hey guys! I'm going to try once again to get back into blogging.


This past weekend I attended the Natural Star Expo in Charlotte, NC. It was the debut of this new event and in light of that, I was impressed with the level of organization. They featured about 20 vendors that were mostly smaller, local companies of hair care products, jewelry, makeup, and clothing. In addtion they had speakers going on throughout the event and a couple demos.

I chose to attend the Natural Hair 101 event, which was alright to say the least. The hairstylist was intent on taming natural hair and showing us heat hair styles, but I'll leave it at that. I really enjoyed meeting the owner of KurleeBelle products as well as the founder of the event and getting to network a little bit. Next time I go to one of these I am making business cards for sure!

My friend Tyler and I did a lot of shopping, and in general it was nice to go into Charlotte for the day since we live in a sleepy college town. I was not attracted to too many of the stands, given I didn't research many of the brands beforehand. However I did purchase KurleeBelle deep treatment and a t-shirt, since they are on curlmart and somewhat well known. I also got some scarves to wear around my neck and hair. I specifically want to try laying my edges with the beige skinny one. :)


I am currently in the process of editing a vlog and haul video about this event, and will post those when they are uploaded to YouTube. Have a fabulous hair day, curlies!

<3 Sarah @:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment